If you’ve ever looked at the LCD on your expensive, new camera like, “I wish I knew how to use this thing better,” keep reading.
Imagine creating a photo that takes you back to those favorite moments with your loved ones that seemed like yesterday.
My job is to document peoples lives in such a way that looking at their memories and photographs reminds them of the places and people they have been. And there is no other message I would want to send to my clients than to remind them "Your life is beautiful! Your memories are special! Your life is meaningful!" As a photographer, I can't be everywhere to document all of those events. I want to empower YOU to be your own family historian. To finally learn how to use that camera and have the confidence in executing the photographs that you want to fill your memory albums with.
With the holiday season approaching, take a second to think about your favorite holiday activities. Decorating the house, Babies first Christmas, the way your daughter rejoices over having her name written on the gifts under the tree, your first Christmas as a married couple, making tamale's with all the amazing women in your life, making your yearly Gingerbread house. I will help train your eyes to become like little shutters and make you more confident in using your DSLR, or even your camera phone, so you can quickly execute that shot to remember when in the moment.
NEXT WORKSHOP: Saturday, March 17, 2017 at 10am
10:00 a.m. in my home studio (2 miles from Haleiwa. Address will be provided upon registration)
What this 2-hour Workshop is about
What will you learn?
- Easy to implement today topics such as light, composition, seeing photo opportunities, and discovering the things you want to capture - all things you can do without camera knowledge to improve your photos fast
- Basic Gear - what’s out there, what’s affordable
- Why shoot in manual mode? Brief explanation of the exposure triangle: Shutter, Aperture, ISO.
- Overcoming, ‘But my kid won’t let me take their photo!’ Taking candid photos to evoke memories and tell a story.
- Approx 30 minutes of shooting practice and Q & A
- 8-12 ladies max to allow for ample time for each individual. This class is paired best with your bestie & a good bottle of vino or mimosas. If this date doesn’t work for you, consider hosting your own workshop with me and earn your seat for free. Contact me for more information.
- Fun! We’ll laugh, you’ll learn, and most importantly, you’ll walk away with a better understanding in how to photograph those everyday memories of your family.
What this class isn’t:
- This workshop is not about the business end of photography or how to start your photography business. We will not discuss professional photography vendors for print products.
- This workshop does not cover post-processing techniques. I recommend a one-on-one mentoring session with me for editing help, contact me for more information
- New friendships with other area photography enthusiasts
- Invitation to a private Facebook group for Workshop Attendees for support, questions, & to post photos showing off what you’ve learned! This is a great resource, and gives you the ability to continue to learn and grow after the class with a fun, likeminded community.
What to Bring:
- Your camera (while a DSLR is not required, I recommend a camera with manual settings), a notebook/pen, a positive attitude
- Your camera manual. (Can't find it? Download it to your phone before the workshop begins)
Can’t make it or sold out too quickly?
Sign up below to be notified about the next workshop OR contact me HERE to learn about hosting your own workshop (you invite your friends, your seat is free).
Seats are non-refundable, however, you may transfer your seat to someone else should you end up being unable to attend.
Other Classes Offered:
Online Group Photo Editing Class
In Person Group Photo Editing Class
- Group Photo Excursions (with a specific photo theme)
Pre-requisites to these courses require attendance to the "Take Better Photos — Learn Your DSLR" course or special permission from the course instructor. Contact us for more information.